Corporate, Schools & Events
Aperture Club Training Programs
The Aperture Club’s aim is to teach camera and observation skills while creating memorable and fun photographic learning experiences.
Are you looking for a staff team building experience, a conference break-out experience or an action packed staff incentive program? The Aperture Club can design a unique and fun corporate photography program to suit your goals and objectives. Discuss your needs with us around:
- Team Bonding Programs
- Conferences or Conference breakouts
- Special Events
Training & Education
The Aperture Club creates customised workshops for your specific needs.
Does your organisation want to do their own in-house photography for social media? Perhaps you need your staff to be visually proficient? Your school maybe looking for professional photographers to impart first hand photography insights and knowledge to students.
We provide hands on photographic education in a variety of genres for businesses, departments or education facilities. We cover any aspect of photography relevant to you – from the basics through to specialist areas. Just give us a brief.
- Staff training – from marketing to events photography
- Education for schools
- Small business product photography
- Tailored workshops
- Smartphone or DSLR or mirrorless
- Individual or follow-up webinars available
Do you want your event to be promoted live as the day unfolds? Want to boost your social media/website hits, create awareness of your event? Get great participant engagement for the day and increase the number of visitors to your event?
Using the right technology on the day, we can take photos of your event attendees and enable them to upload these photos to social media using #hash tags straight away! We can also upload the photos to an easily accessible gallery for participants to download and share to their friends and loved ones.
- Photo Workshops as Festival highlights
- Tailored photo experiences and promotions for Festivals and events
See our story on Barangaroo’s Australia Day 2018 event below.
Today clear, visual images are paramount to telling your brand story.
As part of our Corporate Photography Programs we can train your staff or clients to tell THE VISUAL STORY of your unique EVENT, FESTIVAL or ORGANISATION.
We have told the story for many organisations and festivals….yours can be next!
Some of our Clients, Events & Festivals
- Barangaroo Authority – Australia Day 2018 (details below)
- Mirvac – Visual Training for Social Media & Community Workshops for Mirvac Green Square
- NSW Ports – Staff Training for IPhone
- The Inner West Council– Perfect Match Festival
- Russell Investment Group – Team Building Program
- QueerScreen– Mardi Gras Film Festival
- The Department of Lands – Seniors Week
- Horticultural Society – Eco Xpo Festival
- The Power House Museum – VIVID
- White Bay Precinct
The Barangaroo story…
Australian Day 2018
The Aperture Club team worked with Gill Minervini Creative on this event. See her testimonial below.
- Created portrait style photography of families attending the Barangaroo Australia Day event Jan 26 2018
- Set up portable photo studio in one location, where attendees would come to us for their photograph
- Families and friends were invited to create their own family flag for Australia Day
- We captured the family or individual’s portrait with their own designed flag
- The images were edited on the spot, uploaded electronically to social media gallery attached to Barangaroo website.
- Supplied information giveaway cards with download information so participants could then download their photo from the day and upload it to social media.
- Images collected would potentially be re-exhibited in a 2019 Australia Day exhibition or installation
“Mirvac engaged The Aperture Club in 2019 to run a series of smartphone photography walk-shops for the community of Green Square and be part of a judging panel to select the winning photo.
This photography series is part of our Green Square Placemaking Program that aims to connect people, spaces and places near and around Green Square thereby enhancing liveability and cultural connection. We endorse The Aperture Club’s professionalism and look forward to future opportunities to work together with The Aperture Club to enliven the social, cultural and new community spaces at Green Square Town Centre this year and beyond.”
Rosa Han – Place Manager, Mirvac Green Square
“We recently partnered with The Aperture Club to bring their ‘a Sense of Place’ photographic competition to life. We loved working with Sharon and her team on this project, they are so passionate and community driven. It was wonderful to see all of the incredible photographic entries and we enjoyed hosting the exhibition in our branch. Our team is looking forward to working with The Aperture Club on future initiatives.”
Caroline Lowther – Local Engagement Officer, Bendigo Bank Leichhardt
“Sharon and her team at The Aperture Club have been covering our film festivals for years. Whether its head shots, media wall coverage, party pics or general festival photos, we know they get us what we need and showcase our film festivals for the fun and diverse events that they are. Aperture Club photographers are reliable, fun and take fantastic photos.”
Lisa Rose – Festival Director, Queer Screen Fest & Mardi Gras Film Festival
“As Creative Director of the 2018 Australia Day celebrations at Barangaroo Reserve, I engaged The Aperture Club to deliver a photographic project that was central to the event’s themes of inclusiveness, diversity and involvement.
Sharon and her team took literally hundreds of portraits of our audience members that day that reflected the broad demographic of what it is to be Australian. The portraits were not only beautiful photographs, they helped tell the story of the different cultures that combine to make our country what it is, providing a lasting snapshot of this moment in time.
Sharon and her team have a wonderful way with people from all walks of life – ensuring they are relaxed and themselves – enabling great images and a sense of fun. I’ve worked with Sharon many times and recommend her and The Aperture Club as creative, reliable and effective event partners.”
Gill Minervini – Director, Gill Minervini Creative
“Our Visual Arts cohort began their HSC course this week, starting with a photography studio portrait workshop run by Sharon and Brent from The Aperture Club. We saw the very elaborate and expansive process involved in setting up a professional portrait photography studio with backdrop and huge variety of lighting. The boys each had turns photographing and sitting as the model and learnt the importance of the exposure triangle of camera settings, where to focus your lighting, and perhaps most importantly the art of communicating with your subject to get beautiful and engaging portraits.”
Robyn Larbalestier – Faculty Co-ordinator Visual Arts, St Augustine’s College
- AGB Events
- Alpha One Coaching
- Australian Defence
- Australian Garden Show
- Be Brave
- Gill minervin
- Makers Space
- Mardi Gras Film Festival
- NSW Nurses and Midwives Association
- Queer screen
- Red Balloon
- St Augustine School
- University of Sydney
- Urban Growth