Cambodia Photography Workshop
Siem Reap – 2024
We are very excited to announce our new photographic trip to Siem Reap in Cambodia! Join us for an exciting 12 days exploring not only the wonderous temple systems but experience life through the eyes of the local people.
Cambodia Photography Workshop
We are very excited to announce our new photographic trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia!
Join us for an exciting 12 days where we will not only explore the wondrous ancient temples of northern Cambodia, but also experience the beauty of the Cambodian rural landscape, and witness the daily lives of the enormously friendly Cambodian people.
For the most part, we will base ourselves in Siem Reap and venture out from there on daily adventures; while two nights will be spent in the northwestern province of Battambang. Krong Battambang is a beautiful provincial city on the Sangkae River with French Colonial influences, and along the riverfront, some of the best preserved examples of French Colonial architecture in all of Cambodia. While in Battambang Province we will meet the people and experience the local lifestyles of rural Cambodia; visiting local homes, markets and farming areas, observing monks going about their daily lives in the local monasteries, and witnessing incredible moments, such as when millions of bats swarm out of their cave at sunset.
We will visit floating villages, flooded forests, and villages where houses are built on stilts up to 10 metres high.We will meet the people, share moments with them, and learn about their local customs and beliefs. Photography opportunities are endless, from picturesque villages to world heritage temples and outlying locations deep within the Cambodian jungle. With the help of our local guides, who are rich in knowledge of Cambodian history, we will seek out the best places for photography at the right time of day for the best light.
Immerse yourself in photography whilst experiencing the unique culture of Cambodia.
- An “off-the-beaten track” itinerary where you will visit the most stunning locations in Siem Reap and surrounding areas.
- Visit the most photogenic of the ancient temples of Angkor
- Visit unique ethnic markets located in gorgeous villages
- Take a walk-through beautiful villages and capture the people’s daily lives
- See stunning rural landscapes
- Witness the people working in the fields around harvest time
- Enjoy amazing local food including, if you’re game, “delicacies”.
- Travel with two expert photography instructors and our local guide living in Siem Reap, who knows Cambodia like the back of his hand.
- Visit Battambang province in western Cambodia, capture its beauty and meet the local people.
- Amazing landscape and people photography opportunities in the lake areas located around Siem Reap and outlying areas.
- Enjoy very comfortable new boutique hotel accommodation, which may well be all ours, with beautiful rooms, swimming pool, friendly and helpful staff, and a fabulous chef .
- Enjoy a variety of restaurant and street food opportunities.
DATE: 3rd – 14 November 2024
LOCATION: Siem Reap, Cambodia
GROUP SIZE: 4 Min Max 8
PREREQUISITES: Suitable for beginners to experienced Photographers. We cover all levels of expertise. For more details, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOUR INVESTMENT: $8550 per person (Deposit $1000 on booking and full payment required 8 weeks prior to the tour.) If minimum quota is not reached your deposit or paid costs will be fully refunded. After 6 weeks if you cancel the deposit is non-refundable.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: Full travel Insurance is a requirement – make sure it covers COVID and full medical coverage and for any cancellation for any unforeseen events.
We will be based in Siem Reap in Cambodia. International flights direct to Siem Reap operate from Bangkok, Singapore, Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, and Da Nang. While domestic flights to Siem Reap operate from Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville
ACCOMMODATION: After a day of shooting and processing, unwind not only in your own private room, but also we have secured for our private use an entire boutique hotel complete with pool, subject to numbers. Accommodation is very comfortable with your own private en suite bathroom.
A TYPICAL DAY
Some Days are long and relaxed. On a typical day we will be up early for our early morning photo shoot then back to our hotel enjoy our breakfast. On other days we will return to our hotel after lunch where you will enjoy some down time until later in the day when we head out again to take advantage of the late afternoon light and sunset.
Once we arrive at a location you will have plenty of time to arrange yourself, shoot, explore and receive individual guidance from one of your 2 tutors. Morning tea in the field will keep us going until late morning when we return to our hotel for lunch and a rest or enjoy a lunch in the field.
Some days after lunch we will reconvene for a tuition session and a valuable opportunity to look through our images as a group.
In the afternoon, feeling refreshed after our rest, we will wander out to experience the last rays of the golden hour. We will return home under starry skies for dinner, evening discussions and valuable group critique sessions.
All photshoots are optional, and locations are open to discussion and subject to change based on the conditions and the flow of our group. Our itinerary will vary depending on the weather, light and the group – when the light is perfect, we might even pack our morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch and spend the whole day in the field.
WALKING AND WEATHER
This is a gentle trip, which requires an average level of fitness. There will be walking to and from some of the shooting locations, occasionally on uneven surfaces with steps and inclines especially in the temple areas. If you have any doubts about your ability, please let us know so we can work with you and discuss this.
When you book you will receive a detailed packing list to help you plan for your trip.
All your meals will be supplied unless mentioned otherwise in the itinerary. On one or two nights we will leave you to choose and enjoy a night at your leisure and restaurant choice.
If you have any dietary needs, please let us know in advance.
Included is all transport in the form of minibus or similar.
Everyone will need to make their way from Siem Reap International Airport to the meeting point in Siem Reap. We are happy to help you with this if needed.
WHAT TO BRING
There are a few key things that you will need to get the most out of the week:
- Camera equipment
- Laptop with latest Adobe Lightroom/photoshop software (recommended)
- Wet weather clothing
- Layered Clothing
- Travel and medical insurance + Ambulance cover for duration of tour
- Day pack/camera pack
- Comfortable walking shoes
- All your accommodation
- 11 Nights 12 days shooting and learning – Tour officially starts 3 Nov and finishes night of 14 Nov.
- All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners (unless itemised on itinerary). Please note Alcohol and extra coffee shop coffees are not included.
- Qualified, experienced guide, driver, and 2 photography tutors
- One-on-one instruction and guidance.
- Plenty of time to shoot at each location.
- Calm, relaxing atmosphere, encouraging engagement and connection with the landscape
- Participate in group lessons and critique sessions so that you can apply new skills and techniques to your practice the next day
- Gain valuable insights into computer processing software that will make your photos sing
- Suitable for all levels from absolute beginners to professionals
- Miscellaneous drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance (required).
- Flights to and from Siem Reap
- Transfer to and from Airport. (hotel can arrange.)
- We look forward to welcoming you on our 2024 photography tour in Cambodia.
Sharon: 0411 370 577