Capture the early afternoon light, the golden hour, sunset and then blue hour to perfection with our Master Landscape Photography Workshop.
Mastering Landscape Photography
Capture the early afternoon light, the golden hour, sunset and then blue hour. Landscape Photography is the art of capturing vast open spaces.
When photographed well, landscapes can potentially tell a story, take us on an emotional journey or spark a memory.
Tutor/s: A Professional Photographer and a photographer’s assistant (subject to group size)
Group Size: Minimum 3 / Maximum 10
Time: 1.30pm to 5.30pm. Please arrive 15 minutes before the workshop commences to ensure we start on time.
Meeting Point: Bare Grill and Cafe Shop 3/1599 Anzac Parade La Perouse.
Parking: Lots of available parking but some times busy.
Public Transport: Public Transport is the light rail to UNSW and then a 390X bus along Anzac Parade all the way to the last stop.
Detailed Aperture Club notes will be distributed to you at the start of the workshop and a digital version will be emailed upon completion of this photo / walking safari, so you can re-visit these notes at any time in the future.
WHAT DOES THE WORKSHOP COVER?
- Explore composition and design elements
- Learn about the importance of the subject
- Isolate subjects in the foreground, middle ground and background
- Learn about light and shadow
- Talk about lens options and perspective
- Experiment with camera settings and focus points
- Inspire creativity with bracketing, stacking and ICM
- Learn about different apps to make your landscape photos stand out
- Demonstrate essential landscape equipment
- How to prepare for a shoot
WHAT TO BRING
- A Variety of lenses preferably wide angle extreme wide is 14mm or 16-35mm
- Spare memory cards already formatted
- Extra Batteries
- Raincoat for your camera
- Filters: I use NiSi ND, Graduated ND, Night Colour and Polariser as a starter. (Optional)
- Remotes: reduces camera movement for long exposures (Optional)
- L Bracket: for Landscape or Portrait choices (Optional)
- Appropriate footwear
- Hat/coat and water
We sell individual NiSi filters and also filter sets, a range of tripods and L Brackets plus much more.
If you would like to purchase any equipment for your workshop please order in plenty of time to ensure arrival of your gear.
Either see our ‘Shop’ on the website or call Sharon on 0411 370577 or email email@example.com
Detailed Aperture Club course notes will be emailed to you on completion of each workshop.
Camera kits are available for $75 per workshop if you want to experiment using a professional DSLR camera. Kits include a camera, lens and other equipment (flash/tripod) appropriate to the particular tutorial. Kits are limited, so make sure you reserve one when you confirm your workshop.
Workshops do not include drinks, meals/snacks, public transport or parking
- Drinks, meals / snacks – Please ensure you bring water or snacks if needed. There is a cafe on site.
If it looks like there will be unbearable weather on the day, we will contact you at least 2 hrs beforehand to advise that the workshop will not operate. Otherwise, you should assume the workshop will operate as scheduled. In the event of a cancellation, you can select an alternative workshop date.
Sharon: 0411 370 577