Photography Workshop 2024
Come and discover the best of what Vietnam has to offer in terms of unique photo opportunities. This tour will take you to the most exclusive spots in the Central Vietnam, from pristine coastlines to highland villages.
Come and discover the best of what Vietnam has to offer in terms of unique photo opportunities. This tour will take you to the most exclusive spots in the mountains of North Vietnam, before heading to central Vietnam and its pristine coastline.
Exploring Central Vietnam
A photography adventure through the heart of Vietnam
10 Nights Nha Trang to Hoi An via the Central Highlands 17 – 26 April 2024
Join us on this photography tour of Central Vietnam, as we follow roads less travelled on our journey from the southern Central Coast, up through the picturesque rolling hills of the Central Highlands and down to the northern Central Coast.
This is a photography adventure where we get off the regular tourist trail and delve into the essence of Central Vietnam, its peoples, culture and landscapes, taking you to places you might not discover as a solo traveller. Places that are brimming with photography opportunities.
Central Vietnam offers photographers a perfect blend of rich cultural experiences, making it an excellent destination for photographers seeking a wide range of subjects to capture.
Our destinations include bustling fishing villages and markets, photogenic coastal salt farms, minority hill tribe villages, mountain farms and plantations, artisan villages, areas of picturesque natural scenery, the tranquillity of Southeast Asia’s largest lagoon, and the Imperial City of Hue, and Hoi An Ancient Town.
Travelling in a small group, together with our experienced local guide and Aperture Club photography tutors, you will have the opportunity to develop your photography skills, while discovering the unique wonders of Central Vietnam.
- An off the regular tourist trail itinerary where you will visit some of the most most stunning locations in Central Vietnam.
- Visit bustling fishing villages and markets.
- Visit picturesque salt farms and capture images of labourers hard at work.
- Wander through Ethnic Minority villages, meet the people, and capture images of their daily lives.
- Experience the beauty and tranquillity of Southeast Asia’s largest lagoon.
- Travel with an expert local photography guide and Aperture Club tutors well-travelled in Vietnam
- Visit the UNESCO classified cities of Hue and Hoi An.
- Amazing landscape and people photography opportunities
- Experience the unique cultures of the various peoples of Central Vietnam.
DATE: 17 to 26 April 2024
LOCATION: Central Vietnam
GROUP SIZE: 4 Min Max 8
PREREQUISITES: To join this workshop you should have basic camera handling, operations and processing skills. If you’re not sure if that’s you, please email us: email@example.com.
TOUR INVESTMENT: $6990 per person (Deposit $1000 and full payment required 6 weeks prior to the tour.) If minimum quota is not reached your deposit or paid costs will be fully refunded.
We start off our tour in Nha Trang in Central Vietnam. Flights run directly into Ho Chi Minh City. Then catch a transfer to Nha Trang.
ACCOMMODATION: After a day of shooting and processing, unwind in your hotel or guest night. You will be staying in a hotel or guest house whilst in the highlands. Accomodation is very comfortable with your own bathroom amenities.
Accomodation is twin share – single supplement is available for $30US per night.
Days are long and relaxed. On a typical day we will be up early for our early morning photo shoot then back to enjoy our breakfast and to chat about the day ahead.
Once we arrive on a location you will have plenty of time to arrange yourself, shoot, explore and receive individual guidance from one of your 2 tutors.
After lunch we will reconvene for a tuition session and a valuable opportunity to look through our images as a group.
On some days we might travel further distances depending on our next location.
In the afternoon we will travel to our next experience and take in a sunset with the last rays of the golden hour. We will return home under starry skies for dinner, evening discussions and valuable group critique sessions.
All of the shoots are optional and locations are open to discussion based on the conditions and the flow of our group. Our itinerary will vary depending on the light and the group – when the light is perfect we might even pack our morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch and spend the whole day in the field.
WALKING AND WEATHER
This is a gentle trip, which requires an average level of fitness. There will be walking to and from some of the shooting locations, occasionally on uneven surfaces with steps and inclines. If you have any doubts about your ability, please let us know so we can work with you and discuss this..
When you book you will receive a detailed packing list to help you plan for your trip.
All your meals will be supplied.
If you have any dietary needs, please let us know in advance.
Daytime max in low 30’s degs C Nightime lows around 20 degs C
WHAT TO BRING
There are a few key things that you will need to get the most out of the week:
- Camera equipment
- Laptop with latest Adobe Lightroom software (recommended)
- Wet weather clothing
- Clothing for cold temperatures
- Travel and medical insurance + Ambulance cover for duration of tour
- Day pack/camera pack
- All your accommodation
- 10 Nights 10 days shooting and learning – Tour officially starts 15 April and finishes night of 25th April.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners plus nutritious snacks. Please note Alcohol and extra coffee shop coffees are not included.
- Qualified, experienced guide, drivers, and 2 Aperture Club photography tutors
- One-on-one instruction and guidance.
- Plenty of time to shoot at each location.
- Calm, relaxing atmosphere, encouraging engagement and connection with the landscape
- Participate in group lessons and critique sessions so that you can apply new skills and techniques to your practice the next day
- Gain valuable insights into computer processing software that will make your photos sing
- Suitable for all levels from absolute beginners to professionals
- Miscellaneous drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance (required).
International flight to Vietnam
Internal (domestic) flights in Vietnam.
Sharon: 0411 370 577